(Australian Associated Press)
GOVERNMENT PAYMENT FORTNIGHTLY RATES
* Parenting Payment Single – Rises from $793.10 to $850.20. Average supplement $22.12.
* JobSeeker (upper) – Rises from $612 to $667.50. Average supplement $14.26.
* Jobseeker (base) – Rises from $565.70 to $620.80. Average supplement $14.26.
* Youth Allowance (other, away from home) – Rises from $462.50 to $512.50. Average supplement $7.76.
* Youth Allowance (student, at home) – Rises from $304.60 to $354.60. Average supplement $6.10.
CHANGES TO MUTUAL OBLIGATION SCHEME
* Job seekers will be required to search for a minimum of 15 jobs a month from early April, increasing to 20 jobs per month from July 1;
* An employer reporting line will be established to refer job seekers who are not genuine about their job search or decline the offer of a job;
* Some job seekers will be required to participate in work for the dole after six months;
* Job seekers can choose to participate in an approved intensive short course instead of participating in work for the dole;
* Job seekers return to compulsory face-to-face services with Jobactive providers;
* Increased auditing of job applications to ensure job seekers are making genuine applications.
(Sources: Prime Minister’s Office; Families Minister. Figures include March indexation.)