8 July 2021
When doing your tax this year, take the opportunity to check:
- for missed GST credits from purchases you claimed an income tax deduction for – a four-year time limit applies for claiming GST credits
- that you’re using the most suitable accounting method to meet your business needs
- if GST applies to any transactions from fundraising you helped with this year
- that stimulus vouchers have been accounted for correctly, where you participated in a government stimulus voucher program.
It’s important to lodge all outstanding activity statements before you lodge your tax return, so your tax assessment includes the instalments you’ve paid throughout the year.
Remember, registered tax agents and BAS agents can help you with tax.
- Fixing BAS mistakes or making adjustments
- BAS and GST tips
- Choosing an accounting method for GST
- GST and fundraising
- State government voucher subsidy scheme
- Registering for GST